Welcome to the Federal Government End-User Certificate (EUC) Application Web Portal. This web portal is intended to give access to members of the Nigerian general public applying for EUCs, for the acquisition or use of EUC controlled items and products within Nigeria.
ALL EUC requests/applications are subject to screening by the Department of State Services before approval or otherwise.
Refer to the Full HS Codes on the list of guidelines. It contains the custom codes for identification and categorization of all controlled items. It should be used when making EUC request/application on EUC portal.
In the event that a EUC application covers more than one Item, collate specified application supporting documents for all items under one document and attach where appropriate. For instance, If EUC application for Chemicals covers Toluene, Sulphuric Acid, Urea; from different vendors, the Proforma Invoice for the (3) chemicals should be scanned into one (1) document and uploaded under field where Proforma Invoice is requested for.
Below is a section which will provide a list of all general guidelines to be applied in order to effectively and efficiently use and administer the EUC.
In order to make applications for EUC, the applicant must be registered on the EUC portal.
To register, the Applicant must have a valid means of identification, a valid email address and valid phone number.
The Applicant must have read the Instructions Guide on the Homepage and prepared all necessary documents, licenses and permits in order to commence the application process.
The Applicant must be willing to provide biometric information in order to complete the profile on the EUC portal.
The Applicant cannot apply for items under multiple ‘Items Category’ in a single application. An Application can have more items on it, but must be under the selected (one) item category.
The Applicant must fill the description of goods before submitting the application.
All Applications must be supported with valid documents; and in the event of expired documents, the Applicant must attach a valid covering letter.
Upon Issuance of the Certificate, in the absence of the original Applicant, a representative can collect the Certificate but must provide a letter of authorization duly signed by the applicant. This is only possible once the applicant already has a complete profile (inclusive of biometric) on EUC portal.
The Applicant must provide hard copies of all attached application supporting documents for sighting before the issuance of certificates.
All EUCs are valid for only 1 year from the date of issuance.
The EUC should be part of the requirements for goods clearance by Nigerian Customs Services at the ports.
Applicant must state the purpose of usage of Controlled Item in the application.
- The following items qualify for issuance of End-User-Certificate (EUC):
- Arms and ammunition of all kinds (lethal and non-lethal).
- Parts and accessories for all military armaments and hardware such as guns, armoured tanks, ships and aircrafts.
- Uniforms, web equipment and accoutrement for security forces.
- Explosives, fireworks and pyrotechnics for celebrations, military purposes and construction works.
- All forms of chemicals and materials used for explosives (Prilled Urea and NPK 15-15-15 for fertilizer).
- All forms of bullet proof materials including vest, ballistics materials, vehicles and bullion vans as well as Hand and Leg Cuff, Police Baton, Riot Crowd Control Devices, Pepper Sprayer, Explosive Detectors, Metal Detectors, Security Doors, Narcotic Detectors, Bar Light, Mail and Baggage Scanners, Stunner and Electric Baton etc.
- Other items as could be specifically determined.
- Items which the exporting country require an End-User-Certificate irrespective of the items listed above.