GUIDELINES FOR PROCURING FIREWORKS
Welcome to the Federal Government End-User Certificate (EUC) Application Web Portal. This web portal is intended to give access to members of the Nigerian general public applying for EUCs, for the acquisition or use of EUC controlled items and products within Nigeria.
Permits to import explosives and fireworks must be obtained from the relevant government agencies as EUCs for these items cannot be issued without such permits. For military purposes, request for explosives must be made by the relevant military authorities who are the end users. The Ministry of Mines and Solid Minerals is responsible for issuing licenses for explosives meant for use by construction companies. As an added security check, EUC application by individual companies will be forwarded to the Ministry of Mines and Solid Minerals who will authenticate such requests. Fireworks importation permit is issued by the Inspector General of Police.
ALL EUC requests/applications are subject to screening by the Department of State Services before approval or otherwise.
Refer to the Full HS Codes on the list of guidelines. It contains the custom codes for identification and categorization of all controlled items. It shall be used when making EUC request/application on EUC portal.
In the event that a EUC application covers more than one Item, collate specified application supporting documents for all items under one document and attach where appropriate. For instance, If EUC application for Chemicals covers Toluene, Sulphuric Acid, Urea; from different vendors, the Proforma Invoice for the (3) chemicals should be scanned into one (1) document and uploaded under field where Proforma Invoice is requested for.
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIREMENTS
- NPF Permit (Has Expiry Date)
- Technical Officer Details (Valid Identification & License) (corporation)
- Letter of Award
- Proforma Invoice
- Detailed Specification of Goods
- Certificate of Incorporation (corporation)
- Articles/Memorandum of Association (corporation)
- Company’s Director’s Profile
- Current Tax Clearance
- Bill of Laden (Not mandatory
- Packing List (Not mandatory)
EXTRA GUIDELINE ON IMPORTATION OF AMMONIUM NITRATE
Ammonium Nitrate has been classified as an explosive component. This is based on confirmation of its extensive use by insurgent groups in the explosives production chain. This confirmation was made by a Technical Committee on Control of Explosives, Accessories and Ammonium Nitrate; of which Nigeria Customs Service was represented. This classification implies that Ammonium Nitrate is not allowed to be imported either as chemical or fertilizer, but can be imported as explosives provided all the updated guidelines on the issuance of End User Certificates (EUC) for explosives and accessories are followed.
The following are the only types of fertilizer that are allowed to be imported into Nigeria as provided for in the Ministry of Agriculture’s National Fertilizer Programme:
- Urea – Prilled CO (NH2)2, it contains 45% Nitrogen and can be used to produce Urea Nitrate; a high explosive material used in IED by simply adding Nitric Acid.
- Granular Urea – Same description as Urea.
- NPK 20 -10 -10.
- NPK 15-15-15.
- NPK 12-12-17 +Mgo.
- Single Super Phosphate. (SSP).
- NPK 20-20-20.
- Triple – Super Phosphate.
- Muriate of Potash (MOP).
- Mono Ammonium Phosphate (MAP) containing 11% Nitrogen content.
- Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP) containing 18% Nitrogen content.
Considering the possibilities of enriching some of these forms of fertilizer into explosive compounds, additional security measures have also been emplaced to control their importation, manufacture, distribution and handling. Applications for EUC have to be accompanied by the following documents and submitted to the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) through the Ministry of Agriculture:
- Details including biographical data (name, picture, age, contact details, NOK, thumbprint etc) of the member of staff that will be responsible for the receipt and movement of stock from the port to the company storage facility.
- Details of vehicle, route and timing of movement.
- Details of clients or consumers including sales for the last Six (6) months.
- Details of companies storage facilities including emplaced safety and security measures.
- Details of the stock holding of products for the last 6 month.